"To provide a focus for Surface Engineering and Finishing activities worldwide through the fulfilment of the technical, educational and professional needs at all levels for both the individuals and companies involved in the coatings industry."
- To be an internationally recognised ‘partner’ within the surface engineering and finishing industry.
- To promote and provide for the attainment of vocational, academic and professional qualifications appropriate to the needs of industry.
- To provide regular U.K. and International publications for research and development, legislative and practical matters.
- Continue to represent the professional interests and exceed the expectations of its members.
- To be the first point of contact for all surface finishing enquiries and facilitate technical and professional networking.
- To enhance the Institute's reputation for excellence in professional conduct.
- To provide a trusted independent conduit for knowledge transfer throughout the supply chain of the surface engineering and finishing industry.
- To attract industry and academic professionals to join and further increase the knowledge base.
- To work in co operation with other institutes/bodies.
- To promote the application of research and development within industry.
- To influence legislative bodies' decision making, as this relates to industry standards and regulations.
- To provide effective channels of communication through regular events and the Institute's web site
|INSTITUTE OF MATERIALS FINISHING
Exeter House • 48 Holloway Head • Birmingham • B1 1NQ
Tel: 0121 622 7387 • Please refer to contact list for email addresses
Registered in England No 498619 A
Next enrolment is 7 September 2018
Click here for important enrolment information